Hel taking Yavin means we control planets. With just seven attacks left, they take one planet now they cannot win. They need 100% 7 base wins with those attacks to get 42 uplinks. Based on how they have fought, very doubtful.
I do not want to go into naming names why it was difficult, but we are lucky to be in this position. I am pleased we have come through and a big thanks is due to those that stepped up – but we made this hard for ourselves and nearly gave a disorganised squad victory on a plate. Those that came on and followed gameplan and adapted so we could win did really well. A special thanks to Hung, who with King, stepped up to take planets and retakes at start when others did not show. Dogma going for tough targets for their level and still getting 4/6, and TNT getting 3/3 on a much higher level target and finding a new way to take Hoth.
Kik learnt to take Yavin lv9 and their quick take backs stopped a mass attack that followed from hurting us, and Val might have a way of taking lv9 Takodana next time. Kp impressed with 8/9 attacks. Greg and Fundin great as ever, with Roger and Hel taking planets in later part of game.
However, Españawars controlled Yavin for an hour at one stage and during another for 43 minutes. Had they mass attacked during those two time periods we might have lost. Their incompetence saved us. So planet takers ensure you are subscribed to this blog by email so you do not just rely on game notifications to know when a planet is taken. Also, come into the game periodically if you aren’t playing it to see if everything is fine.
To remain in squad wars:
- You must read gameplan recon post prior to war, and follow instructions. We get main attackers to name targets by commenting on the post – people should be aware who to attack and not to or else people cannot build troops for the base they want to attack with any confidence.
- You must subscribe to the blog by email to get alerts. Good idea to manually subscribe to comments in a recon post too.
- If attacking bases you must be on at start of war and get first 2-3 attacks in the first 2-3 hours.
- If you are designated a planet taker/attacker in blog post you must state if you cannot do so at start of war, ideally comment on blog, in good time. Even better if you can mention when provisional squad team is announced!
- If I give you an order in game chat, by all means discuss, but if it stands and you refuse to follow, then I will find someone else to play in squad wars that will, so we win easily.
WRD2 failed on all these counts – and made a big thing just moments before squad war started that they would leave. This is not the first time they have threatened, and my patience at such behaviour is now at an end. They then came on nearly three hours after start, they requested troops which I rushed with crystals, then failed to attack coming back hours later to do so. Twice during war I asked them to retake Yavin. Twice they refused, despite that lv7 Hel can take it while WRD2 is a lv10 and as a lv9 I can do it without using star command or droidekas.
Others had to abandon planet duties to attack because we had no idea whether WRD2 was ever coming on to attack. There was no explanation offered when they did come on late. Nor any apology.
If I ever gave the impression that the squad or myself could be treated this way, then I am sorry for that. We have so many good hard working players following the gameplan that to exclude them would be unforgivable for me or Fundin, for someone that does not.
If you are in a squad war you cannot actually leave a squad. To help WRD2 leave if they decide after discussions with me, he will not be included in any future squad wars till further notice, while they decide what to do.
What they do next is up to them. I have repeatedly asked them to talk to me by pm via the forum about their concerns.
This is their last chance to finally do so.
If they do leave the squad after reading this, I thank them for the good times in the past and wish them well in a new squad, all the best in the game, and well for the future.